I had to share this recipe because I love smoothies on the go and smoothie bowls for breakfast. This one is a unique combination of antioxidants, protein and live cultures for good gut health. Most importantly it is the most delicious combo that my kids also love.
* 1 heaped tablespoon of Protein powder (I use Pulsin vanilla vegan pea protein powder)
* 1 heaped tablespoon of flaxseed
* 1 tablespoon of Kefir coconut yoghurt
* 3 tablespoons of frozen berries and banana
* 6 blanched almonds
* 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
Add to a nutribullet or blender, just covering ingredients with filtered water (double the water if making a smoothie) and blend. You are now ready to enjoy with granola on top (I love vanilla quinoa granola by Qnola) and a fun sprinkle of lingonberry powder for an extra antioxidant boost from Arctic Berries.
Really quite delicious! Enjoy. xAmber